We are all aging, however, based on how we take care of ourselves we may “defer” our age and appear younger! In the past, it was not uncommon to lose all of your teeth at a young age. However one of the most cumbersome moments from losing your teeth is an appearance of accelerated aging and discomfort in eating. Your inability to chew and socialize with groups can change completely.
This patient of mine had lost her teeth a few decades ago. Her appearance is older because she does not have proper support of on her lips and cheeks.
After the case was complete, the patient looked ten years younger! She was extremely excited about regaining confidence, her beauty, and youth again. She fell in love with her smile!
Dr. Paredes handcrafts each smile to what the patient desires. At New Smile Prosthodontics our patients actively participate in the selection of teeth and along the process to direct us how the patient what his/her smile to be. Both the patient and I were thrilled with the outcome.
Dental Facts/Tips For The Aging Mouth:
- The nerves scattered within your mouth will shrink!
- Your teeth will become less sensitive, making it harder to detect cavities or other dental problems.
- Make sure you attend your Dental Exams. By frequenting the dentist, any problems unseen or unfelt can be immediately addressed by a professional.
- If cared for properly, you can keep your teeth for a lifetime.
- Do you wear full or partial dentures? Remember to clean them on a daily basis.
- Remove your dentures for about four hours a day. It’s best to take them off at night.
We understand how the value of time, comfort and quality. If you have any questions, please give us a call. If you happen to be near San Diego or Murrieta, CA visit us for a complimentary consultation.